International Pilates Day is a world-wide celebration of the Pilates Method developed by Joseph Pilates aiming to increase awareness of the method. Pilates is a whole body health exercise system strongly focussing on breath and gentle movements to promote the correct alignment of the body.
How to celebrate Pilates Day
- Invite a friend to Pilates class so they can experience what Pilates feels like. Work on the mat, Cadillac, reformer and Pilates Chair.
- Take part in a Pilates Day event and connect with like-minded people, meet new friends, and learn more about Pilates.
- If you’ve been taking Pilates for a while, put your body to the test by exploring a new exercise to see how Pilates has improved your strength, flexibility and balance.
- Pick up a book on Pilates and expand your knowledge of this transformational practice – from the history to anatomy.
- Teach a child about breath and control.
- Pay attention to your core. Notice how everything you do involves the core and how much easier (and less painful) it is to move when it is engaged.
- Share Pilates with the world. Snap a picture of your post-Pilates class and tag it #pilatesday2019.